Foley is a Golden Retriever rescued a few years ago...

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Friend Annie

        My name is Foley, and I write the posts for this blog. Usually, I write about rescued Goldens who are looking for forever homes. But today I'm going to do something a bit different...

        Two days ago my two-legged friends took away my best pal, Annie. She had not been feeling well for several days. She stopped eating, she stopping going outside, she stopped moving around at all. On Saturday she even stopped wagging her tail...

        My two-leggers carried her out on a towel.  They both had to work together to get her out of the house and into the car. I didn't think anything about it. Sometimes I get to go for a ride without Annie---usually to the vet---so I figured, she'd be back soon.

       But she wasn't.  She didn't come back on Saturday, I kept looking around for her on Sunday, and now it's Monday, and still no sign of Annie...

       I keep wandering around, hoping she'll show up. I try to listen to what my two-leggers say, to see if I can put the pieces of the puzzle together. Phrases like, "put down" and "rainbow bridge" and "no longer in pain now" come up, but I don't know what they mean.


        This is a picture of Annie, in case you see her...


             One of my two-leggers also wrote about Annie on her blog, I think. You can go here to read it.

      

1 comment:

  1. It's too sad but it happened to my friend Boris. We are black labs, not Goldens, but we like Goldens and often play with them. But Boris doesn't live here anymore. Now it's just me, Benno.
    I am feeling my age a bit, I do have rather creaky joints, but I am happy to eat and sniff and pee up a tree. My two legger won't let me go in the river now, only when it's very hot. I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete